Live each day of your life as if it is your last. Live your life to the fullest. Follow your heart's desires. Do what makes you happy.
I was lucky to stumble upon these 50 questions that will somehow help us know our reason for being. Try answering for yourself.
1. How do you really feel about what you are doing right now at this exact moment?
2. What is your fondest childhood memory? Who was there? What was going on?
3. How comfortable are you in your home?
4. How comfortable are you in your town/city? State?
5. What kind of weather do you like?
6. Do you believe you can have your cake and eat it, too? Why or why not?
7. What is one quality about your parent(s) that you really loved?
8. What is one quality about your parent(s) that you really do not like?
9. Do you like what you are doing for money?
10. What do you feel is your greatest skill?
11. What do you feel is your greatest personality trait?
12. Do you feel like anything in your life is holding you back from ultimate joy? List everything.
13. Write a paragraph or two about your ideal weekend/time away from work. Include location, sights, smells, food, activities, and people.
14. How close are you in proximity to the people you absolutely adore the most?
15. What do you want out of life?
16. How do you think people will remember you, when you die?
17. How do you want people to remember you, when you die?
18. Write your epitaph - the sentence you would want to appear on your grave.
19. What is one thing you could do today, this week, this month, or this year to get a step closer to creating the legacy in #17?
20. How do you feel about your home furnishings?
21. Do you have a hobby that you like to do but you don’t get paid for? What is it?
22. Does money hold you back from anything? What does it hold you back from? Be very specific.
23. What do you think of passionate people?
24. Do you know anyone who you feel is living their dream? Who? What do they do all day and night? Be very specific.
25. Do you think you can be completely satisfied living where you do right now?
26. What do you want to accomplish?
27. Do you want to change your career?
28. Do you wish you lived closer to a certain someone or group of people?
29. Do you wish you lived in a foreign country or a far away state?
30. What are three things that you do everyday that make you totally happy?
31. What do you want to pass on to your children?
32. What is something you have never tried but would like to?
33. Are there things in life you wish you could reverse or make right?
34. Do you feel like you have enough money to live the way you want to?
35. Are you happy when you think about the upcoming day and all that it comes with?
36. What do you find challenging?
37. What do you find thrilling?
38. What are three memories you haven’t yet created but you would like to?
39. Do you feel energized when you work?
40. Do you feel creative when you work?
41. Describe what you consider work, and what you consider play. What are the differences?
42. Do you feel blessed or lucky to wake up each day? How can you get to that point?
43. If all of your debt was forgiven tomorrow, and you had a completely clean slate, what is the very FIRST thing you would change about your life?
44. Where are three places you have always thought about living but never did?
45. When do you want to retire?
46. Is there an award or accolade you have always dreamed of winning or being recognized for?
47. If you could learn how and money was not an issue, is there anything else you would do for work besides what you are doing now? Be specific.
48. List three things you would immediately change about your work day if you were the boss (assumes you are not the boss).
49. List three things you would immediately start doing on the weekends if you had the money.
50. Imagine it is a big holiday and you are with your loved ones and you are living what you truly love. When they ask what you have been doing, what do you say in reply?