|Photo from Psychology Today.|
It is new year again? Did you do a resolution in 2010 for 2011? Were you able to accomplish your resolutions? Will you consider doing another list of things that you will hope to change or improve in 2012? According to a research, here are the most popular new year resolutions:
1. Resolution to improve health. This includes losing some pounds and doing a regular exercise.
2. Resolution to quit vices such as smoking, excessive alcohol intake and gambling.
3. Resolution to pay debt or to maintain good credit standing.
4. Resolution to finding a job or a better job.
5. Resolution to save money either by depositing in a bank or investing to some business or stocks.
6. Resolution to travel.
7. Resolution to spend more quality time with family.
8. Resolution to do charity works.
9. Resolution to learn new things.
10. Resolution to keep a hobby.
Unfortunately, more often than not, only two out of the ten resolutions get to be done because of the following reasons:
1. Unclear and vague goals.
2. Failure to keep track of the progress of the resolution.
3. Weak self-control.
Remember, it is better to list only one resolution that you know you can adhere to than to list ten that you know you will not fully commit yourself to do.
Have a Happy New Year everyone!