My Version of Aglio Olio
I love to cook. I also like to try different dishes and let my son sample my masterpiece. He's a pasta kind of kid and I thought of cooking aglio olio because I like it personally. So, I tried, and here it is. I can't say it is perfect but I think it is close enough to what I order in restaurants. Of course, I added extra Parmesan cheese.
Here is the recipe:
1 pound spaghetti
1/3 cup good olive oil
8 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cup minced parsley
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a pot large enough to hold the 1 pound spaghetti.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until it begins to turn golden on the edges. Do not overcook.
4. Add the red pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds more.
5. Carefully add the pasta and add 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt. Toss until evenly mixed.
6. Turn off heat. Add Parmesan cheese and parsley.
7. Allow the pasta to rest for 5 minutes for the flavor to be absorbed.
8. Taste for seasoning before serving. Add Parmesan cheese on the side.